Dad gave me some lovely yarn when I saw him at the beginning of April - Jamieson's ultra cobweb in a natural white, and I thought two weeks would be more than long enough to knit a scarf for a friends birthday. I was a bit optomistic on the time scale, but after only 3 weeks I got it done, and finally gave it to her today so now I can share the details (which I'm doing because I'm really pleased with it rather than because I assume you're all interested...).
I had initially intended to try a slightly more complicated pattern but found I was making to many mistakes, so decided to go right back to basics and do something simple well. I like quick results so I'm always really pleased to finish something bigger as its a step in the right direction of taking on more interesting projects.
Half way through it occurred to me that as nice as the natural wool is to handle (so soft) creamy white isn't everyone's colour of choice, and R likes properly bright things so I decided to dip the ends in pink cold water dye, at the time I thought it would be the scariest part of the process (a lot of work gone if it hadn't worked, shrunk, felted, or done some other hideous thing) but it was fine (no reason for it to be otherwise). In fact the scary but turned out to be blocking the scarf, it stretched much more than I expected to, didn't fit on the towel I pinned it out on, and it became clear that if I made a mess of it, a mess is what I'd end up with.
It came out okay, but blocking is something I'll need to think about more carefully in future, the finishing really does make all the difference.