Thursday, January 29, 2015

Elsewhere again

The latest edition of Shiny New Books has been posted including a contribution from me recommending Sarah Randell's 'Marmalade'. I know I've written about it a couple of times already here but whilst both blood oranges and seville's are available - neither are around for long- and the weather is such that a day in the kitchen is a really attractive prospect then there could not be a better time to explore this book. It's not just about making marmalade but suggestions for what you can do with it beyond slathering it in toast (indispensable if, like me, enthusiasm for making it far outstrips breakfast demands).

'Marmalade' Here and of course much, much more from a Shiny New Books too.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how nice! I'll be sure to go over and read your review. My new favorite is pear marmalade. It's really lovely- made with sevilles (I believe, although I'll have to check again) and the very latest pears, so you get this lovely pear perfume mixed with traditional marmalade flavor. I'm definitely going to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lovely marmalade. The more I use this book the ore I love it. There are some nice variations on the basic marmalade theme but the most useful bit for me are all the recipies to use it up!

    ReplyDelete