Monday, February 22, 2016

The 1938 Book Club

Kaggsy's Bookish Ramblings and Stuck in a Book are running another book club! This time the year is 1938, and I'm really quite excited by the prospect. 1938 should be a great year to choose books from, I know I already have a few I've been meaning to read and a few I'd like to re read. It may be that this is a good time to track down something from 1938 from a few authors I've been meaning to read too.

It's not until April so with a bit of planning I'm rather hoping that I can read quite a bit for this one, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what others find too. So yes, excited basically covers it!


2 comments:

  1. For Americans who don't have as easy access to books of that era from England do you have a suggested list of titles? I'm guessing Angela Thirkell, and some of the mystery writers as well as, perhaps, D E Stevenson, Elizabeth Cadell, maybe O Douglas (Anna Buchan) and Susan Pleydell or other Grey Ladies titles............?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, all of those I should think, and Kaggsy has lots of suggestions on her original post, and Simon has linked to a Wikipedia list, but the great thing about it is that it's only the year that matters - American books count just as much!

    ReplyDelete